ASTRUM RECRUITMENT | ABN 77130482174
PROTECTION OF YOUR PRIVACY – COLLECTION STATEMENT
As part of our implementation of the National Privacy Principles, Astrum Recruitment Pty Limited requests that you read the following information about privacy and disclosure of personal information about you and by ticking the box where indicated to acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of this information.
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our application forms or provide any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal information means information about you, including your work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (eg. References) and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Sensitive information means more private information about you, including membership of a professional or trade association or a trade union, criminal record, health or disability (at any time) etc. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
We may collect personal or sensitive information about you when:
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- Or you provided us with any additional information about you.
If you wish to contact us about your personal and sensitive information you should contact:
Astrum Recruitment Pty Ltd
Suite 4, Level 7
100 George Street
PARRAMATTA NSW 2150
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- To inform you of possible work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Astrum Recruitment
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- If the position you are applying for is in a country other than Australia, by submitting your application to us, you are agreeing to your personal details being forwarded to our offices, and possibly to employers, in that country.
If you do not give us information we seek
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exemptions (for example in an employee/employer situation) which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access & Correction), you have a right to see personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Administration Manager.
Your Rights as a Candidate
- We must not charge you a fee for the purpose of finding employment
- We must not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when you know no such position exists or knowingly giving misleading information to you about the nature of a position)
- If you believe that Astrum Recruitment has acted inappropriately, you may contact the Department of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken.